Disney · Disney Tag · Disneybound · Disneyland Paris · DLP · Fashion · France · Lifestyle · Music · Paris · Paris, France · Pixar · Travel · Trip Report

Disneyland Paris Trip Report: Day Three!

Aloha my wonderful merfolk!

We’re up to day three of my trip reports and half way through my wonderful holiday to Disneyland Paris for the Swing into Spring season. Today was another busy day, so again, this is going to be a rather long blog post!


The day started with us waking up at 5:30am. On Day two we were not in the parks for 8am and so queues were already pretty long so we were determined to be there on time today. Again, we had breakfast in the Chuck Wagon and we were first in the queue for breakfast at 7am.

We got the parks for 8am and went straight to queue for Minnie Mouse. Minnie is my favourite of the fab five and so I knew I had to meet her in her beautiful Spring dress. We only really queued for about five minutes maximum to meet her and she was oh so adorable!


From there, we crossed Town Square so we could meet Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. The queue for these two members of the fab five was slightly longer but I didn’t mind waiting. It was worth the wait. They were both so adorable and in the end, Donald wanted to run away with both me and my Mam. I think it was because we weren’t wearing or carrying anything that was Mickey associated (well, we were wearing our Minnie ears, but perhaps he prefers Minnie to Mickey?); we’d noticed he was trying to take them off other guests so Mickey would not see them. Not sure why Mickey and Donald weren’t in Spring outfits as both Minnie and Goofy were, but never mind.


After meeting Mickey and Donald, we went back across the Walt Disney Studios in order to get a good place in the queue for Ratatouille. By the time we got there at 9:40, the queue was already very long and ended up near Crush’s Coaster. We decided to join it as it was possible that the queue was so long due to the park not officially being open. Before it hit 10am, the queue had dwindled down till we were stood just opposite the fastpass section; which was  showing up as  10:15 to 10:45. The announcement that the Walt Disney Studios park was open came over the speakers and the waiting time for the ride very quickly changed from 5 minutes to 120 minutes. We queued for about an hour and in this time, all the fastpasses had gone. Ratatouille was well worth the queue though, it was fantastic!

We made our way back to the Disneyland Park at 11:30 when we came off the ride as I wanted to wait outside of Harringtons so I could purchase on of the limited edition 24th Birthday pin badges.

From here, we went to Adventureland and went on Pirates of the Caribbean to get our photopass photo and because the queue was only ten minutes long. From Adventureland we went back to Fantasyland to do a few rides in there. We went on the Carousel, which is one of my Mam’s favourite rides. From there we made our way through Alice’s Curious Labrynth and found the Queen of Hearts castle. We were starting to get a bit hungry by this point so we went to Au Chalet de la Marionette for some food. This is one of my new favourite places to eat as the veggie burger is amazing!

After eating, we made our way further towards the Fantasyland gates. We wanted to ride on Casey Junior, however that was closed so we went on Les Pays de Contes de Fees. After that, I conquered one of my childhood Disneyland fears and went on Pinocchio. As a child, Stromboli terrified me on this ride and I hadn’t been on since.

After doing a few more rides, we made our way to the Fantasyland gates to watch the Parade. Here I met my friends Nikki and Lisa for the first time! Standing next to two Cast Members meant that I witnessed a lot of personal and wonderful interactions with the performers in the parade. After the parade had finished, we all rushed across to Frontierland in order to catch the next performance of Forest of Enchantment; the new show at the Chaparral Theatre. A review of this will be up on my blog.


Ignore my goofy smile in the above photograph; it was exciting times in the Chaparral Theatre.

From there, we all parted ways so that my Mam and myself could grab a bite to eat. We ended up at Colonel Hathis which I remember eating at when I was a small child so it was nice to go back. It was still warm and sunny outside so we sat on one of the tables out there instead of in the restaurant. We had a slow walk around the park, looking in a few different shops, having a wander through the rather sad and depressing Frontierland, before heading back to Main Street in order to get a spot for Dreams. Today, we sat behind Central Plaza by one of the snack vendors. It was a pretty good view as we got to see lighting effects we didn’t see from so close up. his view also meant we got out of the park a little bit earlier and on a shuttle bus quicker.

We were back at the Hotel Cheyenne by about 10:40 and in the Red Garter Saloon for 10:45 drinking our first ever Glowtini’s!

We were back in our rooms by 11:30 and in bed just before midnight.

Day three was absolutely amazing and I was so glad to meet some of my Disney family.

a mermaid be waiting for you, in mysterious fathoms below


Twitter: amycatee

Instagram: amycatee

Facebook: ScarielsGrotto

BlogLovin: ScarielsGrotto

RedBubble: ScarielsGrotto

Tumblr: ScarielsGrotto

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s