Aloha my wonderful merfolk!
I was nominated by my wonderful friend Emma over at Once Upon A Disney Blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. Seeing this nomination brought the biggest smile to my face.After a whole year of blogging and working so hard to build my blog up to something I can be proud of, it is so wonderful gaining some recognition for it.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How I Started
My blog started back in September 2015. I was reading a lot of blogs at the time and was watching a lot of my friends have fun writing blog posts. Whilst chatting to one of these friends, I was scared my blog posts wouldn’t be good enough, that people wouldn’t read them, that it would fail horrifically. She convinced me to just go for it and even helped me come up with my blog name because I suck at creative names like that – or at least ones I liked and wouldn’t mind sticking with. Eventually, Scariels Grotto was born; my first blog post was on alternative Disney phone cases.
- Write about what you want to write. Don’t let anyone else tell you what you should or shouldn’t be writing. It is your blog and you will write for yourself. If you don’t enjoy your blogging then you won’t blog it is as simple as that. If you’re not writing about things that interest you, then you won’t enjoy blogging.
- Don’t allow numbers to rule your blogging. It’s always nice when we get a lot of views on one blog post or in one day, but it’s best to remember that those views are not the be all and end all. Don’t feel defeated or deflated if you don’t get the same amount of views, likes, comments or shares on another blog post you have written. Each blog post attracts a different audience. Just be proud of what you have written and refer to the first piece of advice.
I don’t think I can nominate 15, but I shall nominate people I believe deserve it.
Kim – Tea Is A Wish
Joey – Slytherin Mermaid
Emily – Hollywood and Lime
Sophie – Beneath The Clocktower
Jade – Outside The Tower
a mermaid be waiting for you, in mysterious fathoms below