Aloha my wonderful merfolk!
Winter is a wonderful month; so many different things to do that summer does not offer. Following on from my 100 Things To Do In Autumn post back in October, I thought I would write a list of things you can do in Winter.
- Go to a German Market
- Watch the Polar Express.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Pull crackers
- Decorate a Christmas tree.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Go Sledding
- Make a snow angel
- Watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Drink hot chocolate
- Toast (vegetarian) marshmallows.
- Go ice skating.
- Watch Christmas with the Kranks
- Wrap yourself in a cute hat, scarf and gloves
- Create a Christmas wreath.
- Buy Christmas candles
- Build a snowman
- Watch Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas
- Wear warm, fluffy pyjamas.
- Make a gingerbread house
- Make a Christmas playlist
- Read a Christmas themed book.
- Go Caroling
- Watch Christmas Movies
- Bake some Christmas/Winter cookies
- Wear fluffy socks.
- Paint a winter scene.
- Go to a Christmas light switch on.
- Buy Christmas presents.
- Watch Love Actually
- Donate to the shoebox appeal for Operation Christmas Child.
- Go on a Winter scavenger hunt.
- Watch Home Alone
- Eat something from a Christmas menu in a restaurant.
- Take a walk by an icy river.
- Take a lovely hot bath to take away the chill.
- Watch your favourite television series.
- Make peppermint bark.
- Wear a Christmas jumper.
- Wrap presents in pretty Christmas paper.
- Make your own Christmas ornaments.
- Watch Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas.
- Go look at Christmas decorations in different stores.
- Go on a carriage ride.
- Eat a candy cane.
- Watch Muppets Christmas Carol
- Organise a secret Santa with your friends.
- Send Christmas cards.
- Wear a pair of Christmas earrings.
- Have an indoor snowball fight with socks.
- Make a cheeseboard
- Play hot potato with an ice cube.
- Drink eggnog.
- Wrap up and go for a nature walk.
- Make Christmas soap.
- Watch A Christmas Carol.
- Wear a Christmas Jumper.
- Feed the birds.
- Have a tea party on your front room.
- Have chocolate fondue.
- Wear a pair of reindeer antlers.
- Make reindeer food.
- Watch Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Wear a dark shade of lipstick.
- Try a Christmas cocktail.
- Drive down streets in December and spot Christmas trees & lights.
- Visit Santa in a shopping centre.
- Read Twas The Night Before Christmas
- Watch a musical with popcorn.
- Watch The Holiday
- Make your own Christmas cards
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Build a blanket fort.
- Watch Elf
- Decorate your house.
- Watch A Miracle on 34th Street
- Wear a Santa hat.
- Crochet a scarf or hat.
- Light candles on the Hanukkiyah.
- Make winter vegetable soup and eat with crusty bread.
- Get Christmas photos.
- Play a Christmas video game.
- Donate old clothes and unwanted items to charity.
- Make fudge.
- Complete a fun DIY project.
- Follow NORAD Santa on social media ready for Christmas Eve.
- Watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
- Buy an advent calendar and open a door each day.
- Go to a hockey game.
- Make a Christingle.
- Get cozy by a fire.
- Listen to the 12 Days of Christmas.
- Kiss someone under the mistletoe.
- Watch a Nativity play.
- Make a popcorn garland.
- Buy a Christmas LUSH product.
- Play board games with your family or friends.
- Go to an open mic night.
- Have a picnic on the living room floor.
- Watch The Santa Clause
Can you think of anything else to do during Winter and the run up to Christmas?
a mermaid be waiting for you, in mysterious fathoms below